Because we’re such a rapidly evolving business, we expect all our people to be adaptable, quick thinking and people focused every day to contribute to our ongoing success. Similarly, we embrace innovation, wherever it comes from.
So if someone – be they employee or customer – has a brainwave, we’ll listen. And if we like it, we’ll do it. It’s another way in which our people are the driving force behind our success.
Our operations deliver products which are all designed and manufactured on-site to client bases from Nursery Schools to Primary Schools, Parish to Local Authorities through to the Ministry of Defence.
Any career opportunities we have on offer will be posted here, or if you just want get in touch about careers at Fenland Leisure Products Ltd give us a shout or email our HR Manager email@example.com
We are recruiting Area Sales Managers (ASMs)
FLP are an independent and family owned company based in Cambridgeshire, who have been designing, manufacturing and installing our unique play solutions since 1992. We mainly operate within the UK but also export products to the Middle East and Israel.
We are looking for an enthusiast Representative to join our team of nationwide Sales Managers. The role is to work as part of our sales team as a Field Sales Consultant role under the support and guidance of Senior Management. The role will require excellent communication skills to build lasting customer relationships and will have a split of 40% local authority sales / 40% Educational and 20% maintenance. FLP is well known in the markets it operates in and has built up a solid reputation over the years. Our product portfolio of products includes a range of traditional laminated timber products which are all manufactured inhouse and a range of steel products manufactured by Ledon of which we have exclusivity over within patch. Our brands also include OLP the market leader in commercial online playground spares. All installations are also carried out inhouse which is another USP of our company.
The ideal team member should be well organised, have a strong willingness to achieve with success, have the ability to manage their own diary and will be expected to display a loyal and committed approach. Our team dynamic is friendly, helpful and very much ‘can do. We are a helpful, dependable company that strives for ongoing and unrivaled commitment to the highest level of customer service.
The position is a full-time position is to cover postcodes: LE, NN,MK, LU, HP,OX,CV,WR, B,DY
What the job entails?
You will be fully supported and given the appropriate training to fulfill the following tasks:
- Customer liaison ensuring a supportive and knowledgeable approach to the sales pitch.
- Maintain regular contact with education fairs, exhibitions, websites, blogs and
- literature to ensure you are up to date with current affairs within education.
- Site visits must be completed at a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Home working from your own office 2 days per week –
- Working with other teams at FLP in particular the Design, Production and Installation team closely and undertake primary contact for each order you receive – this is a customer management position as much as a Sales one.
- Excellent client management with all whom you have contact with.
- Displaying creativity whilst listening to the client’s requirements and needs, offering support and advise where needed
- Scale drawing/ sketching each project, using the measurements you have taken from site. Ensuring the integrity of your measurements are maintained.
- Offering advice and applying knowledge of outdoor play and transferring that to the customers ideas. Offering advice for unusual areas in line with the European Standards.
- Ensuring prompt and concise responses to the customers in a timely manner, also encouraging regular maintained contact with the client at all times.
- This role requires a committed approach; therefore, flexibility will be required regarding your working hours.
- The type of work available will be a mix of current and brand-new clients – you will be expected to introduce new customers to our busy portfolio.
- FLP operate a post installation quality check, this will include a visit to the client by the ASM upon completion to show we care.
Who we are looking for?
- An achiever
- A creative person
- A ‘can do’ approach
- A self organiser
- An opportunity creator
- A great communicator
- The ability to problem solve
- The ability to take direction and be managed
Experience in education, sports or educational sales would be desirable, a knowledge of the National Curriculum. Other experience such as the construction industry would be considered.
You MUST have a full clean driving license for this role and pass a DBS check.
- Strong customer care, self-managing with support
- Good organisational skills
- Great telephony and IT skills
- An ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and manage large workload
- A team player
- Self-motivated and trustworthy (regularly working away or working from home)
- Empathetic and a strong communicator with a variety of audiences (Headteachers, Governors, children, colleagues, installers)
- You will be responsible for managing your own schools and projects so will need to have a strong work ethic and be able to work independently to manage your admin during busy periods
- A problem solver with attention to detail
- Creative and attention to detail when drawing
- Experience of project management would be an advantage
What we can offer you?
- Industry competitive salary
- Opportunity to Earn Uncapped commissions and salary.
- Plus, Company Car Options, Laptop, and Mobile Phone.
- You will have 20 days holiday rising by one day after 2 years of service up to a max of 25 days.
Job Type: Full-time
- Working in or within the Play Industry: 3 years (Required)
- Full Clean Driving License (Required)
- DBS Certificate (Required)
How to apply:
In the first instance please send your CV with some examples of your work to HR Manager. firstname.lastname@example.org Please note our servers will only accept emails of upto 10Mb